April 10, 2013

April Snow Day

Spring is not ready to come to Southwestern Minnesota yet, winter just wants to hang on!  Today it snowed for most of the day, I hate to say it but is was a beautiful snow!  Jason didn't have to go to work, and we were able to sleep in!


Jason made a special breakfast for Addison...sprinkle pancakes.  Typically this is her Saturday breakfast, but having a snow day is a treat for us!  Tovin tried his pancake, but decided he just liked the sprinkles, and no the pancake so much.



Addison decided that she wanted to wear her Musketeer outfit today to fight off the evils of the world.  Really I think that she looks more like a cowgirl, but she quickly corrected me when I said that she was an awesome cowgirl!  "Mom, I'm not a cowgirl I'm a Musketeer, can't you see that?"  Umm, yes Addison I can tell that you're a Musketeer how silly of me to call you a cowgirl!  I don't know what I was thinking!


In her satchel she had stashed nail polish, a comb, and a couple of hair accessories...I never knew that Musketeers fought evil with beauty products, go figure!

Addison and I decided it was time to clean out her closet and give away some of her clothes that didn't fit her anymore.  Addison has been in size 3 for quite awhile and now has moved into size 4!  She grew two inches last year, but only gained one pound!  She is going to be petite!

While I was cleaning her closet; she was cleaning (playing at) her desk.  She found so many of her lost treasures; she wanted me to take pictures of her finds.  It's was so fun to watch her look through her items and tell me the story behind each one.  I didn't get all the way through her closet, that will be for another day!


As you can tell these two items are truly treasures to Addison!  


Addison wanted to go sledding today, but we didn't get to it until later in the day.  Our sleds are over at my parent's house.  I conned Grandpa into pulling her around.  Addison thoroughly enjoyed herself, and wants to go again tomorrow.  School is already two hours late.  I'm sure she will be asking dad to take her out in the morning!



Tovin had a great day today!  He didn't have two many coughing spells, and he had more energy!  We kept on top of the gas drops, that seemed to help!  It seems that his stomach is starting to accept different types of foods as well, this has made his constipation much more manageable!

Happy Snowy Dreams To You!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen and Jason...reading about Tovin's constipation- i just read an article that said black licorice is a great way to combat constipation. I know my kids don't like to eat black licorice, plain...but they LOVE Good'N Plenty (go figure) because it looks more like candy. Tovin sounds like also has a sweet tooth- so just thought I'd pass the info along...not that candy is the answer- but if he's miserable, it might help.

    I love reading your blog! I'm addicted. :-)
    Cheers-
    Lisa DeLap Bryant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Addison's outfit! She's so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaleigh is a size 4 or 5 and Courtney is a 4. Kaleigh has gotten so tall that we have to use a 5 for the lenght especially in her dresses. The kids are beautiful and I love Addison's Musketeer outfit that I secretly agree looks like a beautiful cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete