This past week has been crazy...the weather (snow again!), appointments, and playdates!
We received another snowfall that amounted to around 10 more inches of snow. We are happy to have the moisture, but would rather have it as rain! The weather today was beautiful so most of our snow has melted!
Last week we started to bring Tovin to Master Wu at Helping to Heal. Master Wu started studying Qigong (pronounced - chee gung) in China when he was just 10 years old and has brought this healing practice to the States - crazy that he practices in Southwestern Minnesota, in such a small town. Qigong is a healing practice that is thousands of years old. Jason and I have gotten to know him and his abilities through my struggle with Lupus. I firmly believe that he put my Lupus in remission!
Master Wu has taken an interest in Addison and Tovin, and will always ask how Addison is doing, and when Tovin was expected to be coming home. I ran into Master Wu at the Spring Expo in town last weekend, again he asked about the kids. I mentioned to him that Tovin was home and that he was scheduled to have his first surgery on May 1st. He said that we didn't need to do surgery and that he would like to see him that next Monday.
![]() |
| Tovin was wanting to be outside with Jason and Addison... |
Before we started to see Master Wu last week, Tovin's oxygen sats were in the 40s and 50s. On Wednesday we brought Tovin in to the clinic to have his ears checked (he was pulling on them - and yes they were infected). The nurse checked his oxygen level...it was at 92%. I think the nurse, who has seen Tovin about 4 times, was shocked and I was so excited to see that number!
| This is what our floor looks like after a long day of playing! |
| Tovin learned another circus trick... |
At night we have started to read chapter books to Addison. She still loves her picture books, but has started to have an interest in longer books. We finished Charlotte's Web last week, and tonight we started the Little House on the Prairie series, with the first book, Little House in the Big Woods. Addison loves it so far, but is a little worried about the Panthers that are in the book. I didn't know that Wisconsin had or has Panthers living there. While reading, Addison politely asked for the book to be paused, she needed to go to the bathroom. I giggled at her request and paused reading until she came back to bed. We read to the Christmas chapter, where Laura received her rag doll. We learned that Laura named her doll she found in her stocking Charlotte. Addison now wants to name some of her babies Charlotte!
I had a two-day appointment at the Mayo Clinic on Thursday and Friday so Jason took those days off and stayed home with Tovin. Actually, he was able to stay at home with both Tovin and Addison being that school was let out at 10:00am on Thursday and cancelled on Friday. Jason sent me a text during the day on Thursday with a picture attached that had the caption, "Yeah, I rock. Did three load of laundry, cleaned as well. You're in trouble...don't have time to get much done?!?" The picture was of two pans of bars that he had just finish making. I don't get it!
Good night and happy dreaming!


No comments:
Post a Comment