April 25, 2013

Tovin's new fascination

Every spring the pond is visited by pelicans, it's always a treat when they come because it means warm weather is coming soon!  Tovin has loved watching them fish for their dinner.  He will sit on Henry's bed by the window and intently watch their every move.  I've tried to move him or get him interested in something else, but he becomes upset when I do; so for the first time in my life I took time to sit down to watched the pelicans.  They are really interesting, and are crazy good at fishing!  They are able to get a fish every time they try!  Granted the pond is loaded with fish, and they probably could stick their beak in the water and catch something with their eyes closed.


Jason and I have been out fishing on the pond a couple of times since we moved here.  Over the years I have learned that the fish in the pond are "down-home, worm eating, country" fish, and I tried telling Jason that the first time we fished together.  He had his high tech fishing rod and reel with fancy bait, and I had my cane pole from when I was little and a small pail of worms.


Jason's fishing consisted of baiting my hook, they promptly removing a fish from my line.  He would rebait my hook and I would put it in the water and not even a minute later there would be a nice sunny or blue gill waiting for him to take off my hook once again.  Jason's fancy rod and reel didn't catch a fish...not a one!  Jason has a different story to tell, just ask him if you're curious, but it goes something like..."I didn't even get a chance to try fishing, I was too busy taking "your" fish off your line!"; not that it would have mattered, my cane pole could out fish any pole out there!  It is a great fishing pond if you have a short attention span or have no patience to sit and wait!


Addison had her first taste of fishing this past summer.  She used one of Jason's ice fishing rods, (a perfect fit for her!) and had a great time with all the fish she caught!  Again Jason spent his time paddling us around the pond, baiting our hooks and taking fish off of our lines.  Thanks Jason for being a great husband and father!


We are so excited to take Tovin fishing this summer!  Hopefully the pelicans don't eat all the fish!

It has been so neat to see Tovin get so excited about new experiences; he is soaking it all up!  We are so  glad that he is finally home to have all of these experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment