Addison and I decided to take advantage of dad being home, and with it being relatively warm out we decided to go sledding at the golf course. So while Tovin was napping this afternoon; Addison and I called Auntie, Nathan and Elizabeth to see if they wanted to go. Jason made sure the sleds were pumped up and away we went. Mike and Eric thought we were nuts and that we would be back after the first run down the hill. They thought the snow was too sticky. I have to say we proved them wrong! It was an amazing day, and a first for Addison.
Here we are before we take our first plunge...notice Addison is all smiles!
Nathan is trying to convince Addison that it will be okay and that it will be so much fun. "Really Addison you wont go too fast!"
So Addison climbed in the tube with me and away we went...I thought it was great, Addison on the other hand thought it was a mountain and was not impressed. As we were walking back up the hill she said, "Mom, going down that mountain was not fun, and I don't want to do it again! Mom I don't think that you should go down it again either!"
Thanks Auntie for coming with us!
Addison and I watched Nathan, Elizabeth and Auntie have fun trying to beat each other's distances. Addison decided to make snowballs. She made a snow ball that was actually pink! I know the picture doesn't show it very well. She was quite proud of this!
Addison decided to go down the "mountain" on her bottom instead of using a tube. She came back up the "mountain" smiling deciding that that was a much better way to go down!
They all decided to slid down one more time and check out the bridge. It is so nice to see these three get along so well! Nathan and Elizabeth have been really great to Addison!
Nathan was even willing to pull Addison back up the "mountain". All she had to do was ask and bat her eyes! What a nice cousin!
Addison was giggling the whole time! I know that she enjoyed it, I'm not sure Nathan did so much. I'm thinking he wont be so nice next time!
As I was pulling Addison back to the car she said to me, "Mom that was so much fun! I didn't like going down the mountain, but everything else was fun!" Oh we have such a dare devil for a child!
We're all thinking that school will resume on time tomorrow. It sure was nice to have a couple days together as a family! I know that I enjoyed the mental break!
Happy melting to everyone, and be careful driving through the slush that pulls the car towards the ditch!
Good Night!

No comments:
Post a Comment