March 29, 2013

A couple days with Dad home!

Jason had Thursday and Friday off from school, it was so nice to have him around!  I know that the kids like him home too!  Tovin has really started to bond with Jason, they do guy things together, you know giggle at burps, talk man talk and make messes!
Today was so beautiful outside, we went on our first of many wagon rides for the season.  When Jason pulled the wagon out of the garage it was full of cobwebs and junk from the winter months.  I hate to admit it, but it's a great place to stash stuff that doesn't really have a home in the garage.  It was good to get it out and semi cleaned! 

We didn't go far, just down the road.   It turned out to be a little windy, not too bad for Southern Minnestoa, but a little windy for Tovin.  We don't want him to catch a cold!


Addison thought it was so much fun to have another person in the wagon with her.  She felt so very "cozy-rosey" with all the blankets and Tovin. 

 
 


Tovin's face doesn't show how much fun he was having...at this point he was making sure that dad knew how many bumps he was going over.  It was fun to hear Addison and him hum as the wagon went over bumps.  He loves to mimic her noises and some of her favorite words!  
 

Dad was the hero and pulled the two for the whole ride!  I thought we could go down the hill to check out if water was flowing under the bridge, but I guess I wasn't pulling the wagon!  We went to check out the dock instead. 
 



Addison was getting sort of nervous about seeing wild animals, cause we have so many wild animals here!  She wanted me to find a stick to fight off the wild animals, and to protect Tovin if they attacked us.  I'm not sure that little stick would have scared away any animals, but with her imagination I'm sure it would have!




From the looks of it, there will be no more ice skating for the winter!  There are many puddles out on the pond already.  It will be fun to have Tovin see how the pond changes in the spring. 


This walk turned into a nature walk for Addison.  She found some fabulous feathers that she wanted for her nature shelf.  She used to collect rocks on our walks...so feathers are good! 

1 comment: