We have a trip to Shamain Island coming up where we know
there will be more shopping opportunites.
Shamain Island is where we spent our week in Guangzhou when we adopted
Addison, so we are quite familiar with what lies ahead as far as the prospect
of using some of our spending cash.
Shamain Island isn’t a sand covered beach resort like it might sound; it
is an island of concrete surrounded by a man made moat if you will. Jen is looking forward to our visit.
We took turns going to a local foot message clinic this
afternoon, and before we leave I fully intend on a return visit. Who wouldn’t, considering a 70 minute
massage was around the sum total of $20 US dollars!?!
To Debbie, Sandy, Sally, Jen and Rhonda… we met up with our
guide from when we were here four years ago, Shiyan. We were at the medical appointment for Tovin, and she went
running by…Jason noticed her first.
I quickly got up and went to talk to her. She said she would love to meet Addison, and will be at
the consulate with her Bethany families the same time we are for our meeting
appointment with Tovin.
We were able to get to know a few of the other families a little
better today that are part of the Lifeline adoption agency group. There are quite a variety of families
with only one other couple from the northern states, that being the state of
Washington. Everyone else is from
the South. It was a little cooler
today, in the mid 60’s and windy.
Once again I was in shorts and even the guys from the southern states
thought that I was crazy. However,
60’s and windy is way warmer than what we left and or what you guys are having
right now, so even though people think I’m senseless I’ll continue to suffer
through these extremely cold temperatures. ;-)
Tovin has shown us that he has quite a creative
imagination. It’s hard to explain
with words what he does, but it’s been fun watching him use his imagination and
then laugh and giggle as he looks to see if we’ve been watching. We are finding out that Tovin really
enjoys some of the finer things in life, such as Starbuck’s hot chocolate,
mom’s pampering with rosebud foot massages each night before bed along with his
lotion leg and arm rub downs. He
loves to have his head rubbed, combed, and brushed, and can’t seem to get
enough face to face contact with mom.
He is quick to give a hug, and reaches out to both Jen and I if he’s
standing alone and we offer to pick him up. He’s come such a long way in such a short time; it’s amazing
how fast the bonding process has started.
We know full well that this process has just started and that we have a
lot more bonding and attachment time to invest with him and him with us.
Thank you all for your prayer through this whole process,
but keep them coming as this adventure has just begun.
Once again, Jen and I would like to thank her brother and
his wife, Jay and Sheila, for taking time to be away from their two precious
children to join us on this journey.
At times it may seem to them that they have just been along for the
ride, especially since things are going so well for both Tovin and Addison, but
believe me when I say that it would be a struggle to say the least if they weren’t
“along for the ride!” I’m not sure
what it would have been like had this transition for both of our children
hadn’t been so easy as it were, and they hadn’t come along for the ride? So thank you Jay and Sheila! And thank you once again both Nathan
and Elizabeth for sharing your mom and dad with us, we know that you miss them
probably as much as they miss you!
Knowing that they won’t get a chance to read this until we get back to
Hong Kong on Thursday night makes it that much more meaningful that we say
thank you to them. You truly are a
blessing.
Good night from China,
Jason, Jen, Addison, and Tovin







I love reading your updates. So glad things are going so well. Can't believe you ran into Shiyan. :) That is so neat.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your trip. Have fun on Shamain Island for us!
I saw Shiyan when I got Courtney as well. Seems like things are going really well.
ReplyDelete