March 18, 2013

Glorious Food and News!


I went down to be with Tovin while he woke up.  He was not in the best of moods because he had to be flat on his back.  He wanted to be up and playing with the trucks and tractors.  I was able to lay in the bed with him, hoping that it would calm him down.  The fabulous nurse gave in a tiny bit and allowed him to sit up slightly.  He was happy for about 5 minutes.  He looked at her again and batted his eye at her...she put him up a little more.  By the time we left the unit, he was sitting up.  I guess I'm not the only one that gives in to him!  He totally has won the nurses over!


When we returned to our room, I ordered a variety of food for him (he wasn't able to eat or drink anything during the night so he was hungry!), but he fell asleep before the food arrived.  I was being wise with my choices of food for him; a chicken breast, vegetables, rice, noodles, a cheese stick, ice cream and a banana.  I think that Tovin ate some of the rice and a couple bites of the chicken...



As you can see from the pictures, he wanted his Frosted Flakes, fruit roll up and GoGurt.  Dr. Rios came in and just giggled at him, and reassured me that it was okay!  I didn't tell him about the four apple juice boxes he had already consumed!  Do you see the joy on his face?  The lab tech comes in at 8:00 tonight to do labs one last time, I hope they don't take his blood sugar!  If they do I will have to confess again, I'm sure Tovin will just smile at the lab tech, and everything will be alright!  



The team, I should say herd, of doctors and nurses conduct rounds in the morning, and also late in the afternoon.  The morning round were a little overwhelming for Tovin.  I'm sure they all saw the horror on his face.  This afternoon they decided to talk outside our room.  They are being really cautious with Tovin, and understand the adoption rule.  The nurses are allowing me to do as much as I can for Tovin!  


When Dr. Rios came back in after rounds, he mentioned that he talked with the other doctors...they are going to case him this Thursday and not going to wait until the 28th!  He felt it was necessary to get this done as soon as possible.  Please pray for guidance for the team while they discuss Tovin and the other little one on Thursday!  The team has a very difficult job ahead of them, there are many decisions to be made.


I've had so much time to think today, and admire Tovin for being so very strong.  His little body has had enough for a couple of days, but you would never guess it by his silliness!  We are so lucky that Tovin has a fighting spirit and a will to go on.  There is no rhyme or reason why Tovin has survived these past three years in an orphanage with very little medical care.  It is a miracle!

Were going to go make our evening rounds!

Good Night from Room 4119!



2 comments:

  1. He is soooo adorable! So glad to see him smiling and workin' it for the nurses! Praying for y'all for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful child. In talking with some cardiology acquaintances here in Rochester, they tell me you have a miracle child.... not something you didn't know already though! Much love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete