March 18, 2013

A Sea of Blue Shirts

Tovin and I came up to Children's yesterday afternoon.  It was my first solo, long trip with Tovin, I'm sure there will be more to come in the future.  It went so well for both of us.  Tovin had an amazing nap, and I had some time to myself.  We both made it to the hospital in great spirits!  



 After we registered, one of the nurses escorted us to our home away from home, (the nurses here are so accommodating, I’m so thankful for that)!  We had some time before Tovin was hooked up to an IV and all of the monitors, so I walked and he rode the halls, and said “Hi!” to all of the nurses!  I think that Tovin likes to ride the halls because of all the attention he gets from the nurses and other families that are on the floor!  They all think he is so handsome!


 I’m so impressed with how Tovin is handling all of this change.  He is constantly watching what the nurses are doing to him, and then turns his head to look at me and makes a soft whimper sound.  If he was able to speak English he would be saying, “Momma, why are they doing this to me again?”  He just snuggles his little head into my neck, closes his eyes, and puts his hand over my heart.  It breaks my heart that he has to go through all of this.  He should be running and playing like other 2 year old boys!


 We passed our time with bubbles, the doodle board, reading Good Night Gorilla, riding the halls, and of course he had a spa date with mom.  It cracks me up how much he loves the lotion and the pampering!  I swear he can tell when I’m about to be done rubbing one of his hands.  He will push his body forward, look into my eyes and grunt.  Of course I continued rubbing his hand.  He so has me figured out!  Tovin also found the lip balm they had in our welcome bag, that was a great help during the middle of the night! 


The team of blue, about 10 doctors and nurses, came into the room this morning at 8:00 to go over Tovin’s condition, and what was on Tovin’s schedule for the day.  When Tovin saw all of the doctors he looked at me with the saddest face!  He knew something was about to happen.  The doctors are very concerned about this hemoglobin level (21.6) and blood pressure 151 over 103.  The anesthesiologist mentioned that his hemoglobin level is the highest he has every seen in his 25 years of working.  For the heart condition that Tovin has the doctors want his hemoglobin level at around 12 to 14…18 at the max!   Tovin’s level is a tad bit off! 



They prepped Tovin for his procedure, and also educated me.  I have total faith in Tovin’s team of doctors, they are very thorough, and talk through every scenario that might happen, and what they would do if it did happen.  Everyone is on the same page!  



Tovin left with the doctors about an hour ago.  I just received a phone call from Wendy that all is going well, but the procedure is moving along slowly.  Wendy mentioned that I should receive another call in about an hour. 

I will post what the doctors find out later today.  Thank you for all the kind words on e-mail, text messages, facebook – sorry I don’t really check my facebook, but I do get an e-mail when you post- and Tovin’s blogspot. 

Blessings,
Jen J

2 comments:

  1. Look out! Tovin is ready to start driving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tovin you are my hero and Jen you are so brave!
    Love, Amy D

    ReplyDelete