March 28, 2013

Computer Issue and Dr. Visits!


Update on Tovin's health...

We rode to the Cities in an ambulance on last week at 1:30 am on Wednesday morning.  They diagnosed Tovin's extended belly with being constipated, not an issue from the procedure that was done.  Great news!  They decided to keep Tovin overnight as they did a few tests on him and also had two other specialist look at him.  We were able to leave on Thursday...the problem...I didn't have a car to go home in.  My mom drove up to rescue us!

When Dr. Rios discharged Tovin he told us he wanted Tovin back on Monday to check his pressures.  At this point what's another trip to the Cities?  Mom said she was willing to drive us up and back.  Thanks mom!  At our appointment on Monday, Dr. Rios came in and said that Tovin looked so good,  he was very impressed with his coloring!  He did put Tovin on a blood pressure medicine to help lower it, and also prescribed oxygen for him at night.  Dr. Rios mentioned that the surgeon was off for the week so he wasn't able to get Tovin on the surgery schedule until next week.  He was thinking that Tovin would have surgery in 10 days.  That would mean next Wednesday, April 3rd I think.

We will be going to the Cities again Easter Monday.  Jason is able to go with because there is no school!  It will be nice to have him there, I sometimes wonder if I hear everything that the doctor tells me.  We will have an exact date for surgery at this appointment.



Computer Update:

Last Wednesday I was heartbroken after my computer was accidentally drenched with apple juice.  I was more upset with myself for never backing up everything we had on the computer.  To be honest I didn't know how, so it wasn't something that ever got done.  We had four years of pictures of Addison, our trip to get Tovin and multiple other important files.  When Tovin was discharged from the hospital on Friday, mom and I went to the Uptown Apple store.  The "genus" behind the desk opened up the back of my computer, my heart was beating so hard, and I think I was about to cry because there was apple juice still in the battery compartment.  He wanted me to be prepared that the hard drive could have been affected as well.  He carefully unscrewed the plate that held in the hard drive (he could of done this a little faster!!!) and slowly pulled it out and at this point I wanted to just yank it out!  He had a huge smile on his face and said that it was dry!  I would have cried but he then said that he needed to bring it to the back to see if all of our information was still there.  He came out in about 2 minutes and said that everything looked good, and that they would be able salvage everything! 

Now, the question was do I fix the computer or do I purchase a new one?  I asked how much it would be to fix the "apple juice" Apple product that lie before him - ha!  The "genus" said around $700.00, but he wasn't able to give an exact amount because he didn't know the extent of the spill.  I decided to bite the bullet and get a new one.

I had to leave everything at the store with him to update and install on the new computer.  We didn't want to stick around for another 4 hours so I said that I would just pick it up on Monday after our appointment.  Before I left the Apple store I made sure all my pictures were on the new computer!  I was so relieved!  I now know how to back-up a computer!

Today Jason and I joined the 21st Century and hooked up the internet here at the house, apparently this is a pretty big deal! ;-)  The last time we had internet we lived at the lake and it was dial-up.  We haven't had access here at the house since we moved to the pond.  We haven't really missed it, but thought it was time!  It will make blogging so much easier to do it at home not having to go into the store or school!

No comments:

Post a Comment