June 19, 2013

Conquering Fears!

The last couple days Addison has actually asked if she could go to the pool in the afternoon to play!  


She is still nervous to lay her head all the way back...


...but it looks like she is starting to give in, and give all her worries and fears to God, and is finally able to relax...a little bit anyway!


She yelled for me to look at her wet hair!  One proud little girl...it seems like such small progress, but to her, it is huge!


We all went to the pool today and met up with Auntie, Elizabeth, Jenni and Hannah.  It was a perfect afternoon!  I just love these girls -- they are so kind and patient with Addison!


This is only the second time Tovin's been in the water at the pool.  He's been with during Addison's lessons but has only been with now two times in the afternoon during open swimming.  He seemed to really enjoy the water, but with the wind we had today even though it was 80 some degrees outside, he was a little cold so we didn't stay very long!


The girls all huddled around him, and it looked like he was telling them big stories!  Here's the story he was telling in our minds as we looked through today's pictures...

"Once upon a time there was this fish that was living in our pond, you know by our house...well, a long time ago, during the ancient times of China, this fish, we'll call her Gigi, cause that's the only girl name I know how to say right now, had like a billion babies and low and behold wouldn't you know it one of those babies ended up in our pond, you know by our house...well this fish living in our pond, we'll call her Gigi too, said that someday she wanted to grow up to be thissssssss big!  


She said she wanted to be what was known in the fishing world as a "wall-mounter"!  Gigi was bound and determined to become this really big fish, almost as big as a shark...is what she said, and if she was kinda ugly and smelled real bad, like all fish do...that she was ok with that to as long as she grew up to be BIG!

Well, one day I was telling mom and dad about Gigi the fish that lived in our pond, you know by our house...and my dad said he knew of a way for Gigi to get real BIG, and fast too.  He said that the water temperature in the Tracy pool, being that it is a heated pool, was just perfect for a fish like Gigi to help her grow REALLY BIG...and he would know because he used to work at the Tracy pool in the summertime.  He doesn't anymore, but anyways...
The other night we brought Gigi the fish that lived in our pond, you know by our house...to the pool and we hopped over the fence right over there and...put her in the kiddie pool!  


Yeah, I know...I thought he was crazy too, but I was with him, and we did it.  ...Yeah, this kiddie pool right here!  ...No, it's the truth...I'm serious...the pool that you guys are in right now, the pool that I have my legs and feet dangling in right now...I agree, it's CRAZY!!!


Don't believe me?  Well...don't look behind you right now...cause here she comes swimming right between the two of you right now!


Ahhhh hahahaha, I got you guys...I got you guys real bad.  You guys fell for that one hook, line, and sinker! Hahahahahahahaha!


Hey, dad...I see some babes over there...let's go over that-a-way...the nurses at Children's said that chicks dig scars!"


_____________

Tovin definitely loves to splash!  Do all boys love to do that?

We have witnessed so many positive changes in Tovin this month!  He is becoming more comfortable with his new environment, his ability to walk, his increased vocabulary, and his love for different types of food!  This little miracle is transforming right before our eyes!  It is just the coolest thing to watch - we're soaking it all in!  

I will admit the first couple months with Tovin with us at home were full of challenges.  We were adjusting to having two children (I know, depending on perspective, two isn't very many, but for us it's been a huge change!) and he was adjusting to having his life turned upside down!  We weren't understanding his communication style except for the sign language we had taught him.  He wasn't impressed with the food that we were serving him even though it was all items that he ate for us in China.  I'm guessing it had something to do with my lack of cooking skills!  Those first two months are now behind us, and we are moving forward in a positive direction at lighting speed!  

Oh how these two precious children have changed our lives for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment