DANDELION SONG
WRITTEN BY: Linda Allan, Kristin and Jennifer Allan-Zito (Holden Village)
Well, flowers come in green and pink and red,
And they sleep all day in their little flowerbeds,
But the little dandelion grows wild and free
With her uncles and her cousins and the whole family.
CHORUS: Dandy, dandy, dandy, dandy dandelion,
There's something pretty dandy 'bout you.
Dandy, dandy, dandy, dandy dandelion,
I wish that there were more of you.
First I make a wish, then I blow real hard,
And the little dandelions blow all over the yard,
And I wait and I hope for my wish to come true.
Guess there's only so much a dandelion can do.
CHORUS
Now in 1800 things were bleak and bare,
Not a little dandelion anywhere,
But Cathy Maynard knew that dandelions cure,
So she brought them to Washington, and we thank her,
Some people think that dandelions are a pest,
But I think that dandelions are the best.
Dandelions, don't you know, are really cool,
And dandelion haters should go back to school.
You can make them into necklaces and bracelets too.
You can decorate your laces to tie your shoe.
You can make them into salad greens or dandelion tea.
That's why dandelions are for me.
CHORUS
Addison isn't frolicking in a field this actually is our yard! We really grew a crop of dandelions this year...tonight the lawn mower got the best of them, but don't worry Addison your lovely field of dandelions will be back tomorrow! Good thing we live in the country and don't have neighbors living too close to us! I would feel guilty if some of our dandelion seeds invaded their yard!
About our night....
It started out with Addison face planting in the grass while racing Jason to the swing set. She now has a loose front tooth. I'm guessing tomorrow it might gray...We googled it to see what to do, really there wasn't much we could do. I'm glad that it's just a baby tooth!
Tovin had another visit to the ER...He sounds really congested and has a rattle in his chest. They took a chest x-ray, and it came back good, but they were worried about the congestion so they prescribed him an antibiotic. Before we arrived at the ER Tovin was really congested and sounded horrible, but as we were driving into town he started to sound better. Why does that happen? It sounds so bad at home, but on the way to the clinic or ER it miraculously gets better? They were so nice, and didn't make me feel crazy for bringing him in! Thank you for that!
Have a super night!
No comments:
Post a Comment