May 20, 2013

Time For A Haircut...

Good Morning my shaggy haired children!  I think that we need to get you into Silver Shears for a haircut!  I've attempted to trim up Tovin's back and around his ears (not that his back was that hairy, haha...but just above his neck-line has needed a trim here and there).  As you can see from the picture, I won't be getting a job as a hair stylist for the Stars anytime soon!


They both got in for a haircut this morning with Mr. Larry and they had such a great time at Silver Shears!  I think that I could bring Tovin to the salon for daycare next fall!  Are you okay with that Larry?  Tovin immediately sat down by the basket full of trucks and cars and pulled out as many as he could.  I'm so glad that we were the only three in the salon because the waiting area was littered with cars and trucks!   I wish I had my camera with...again not prepared!

Larry placed Addison in the super fun swivel chair first, and worked his magic.  This is what our beauty looks like now!  It's a great summer haircut for her, and best of all she loves it!


It was then Tovin's turn to sit in the giant chair.  He didn't want to leave his trucks, but with a little bribing from mom (M&M's from Michael's graduation reception) he willing left the dump truck on the floor and went to the chair.  I didn't know how this was going to go.  I know that he had a least one hair cut in China, because he came to us with a buzz cut, but how they did it I'm not sure.  Both Larry and I were very surprised when Tovin just sat there and watched Larry buzz the sides!  This is what our handsome little guy looks like now!

While Tovin was getting his hair cut Addison was picking up her hair off the floor to show her preschool class when she went back later that morning.  She asked Larry for an envelope to place her finds in.  When she returned to school she showed the students.  Miss. Kaitlin asked her what she was going to do with it.  Addison simply said "I'm going to keep it."  Miss Kaitlin suggested that she scatter it around outside for the birds to use for their nests.  Addison thought that was a great idea!  Hopefully we see some black haired bird nests this summer!


Tovin is doing so well, and has recovered quickly into an active boy that has a new lease on life!  He looks great and seems to be having no problems since his surgery, beside a little pain in his sternum and the growing pains that he is now experiencing in his tiny little legs.  His recover has been crazy; many of the doctors have been in awe of his strength and fighting spirit throughout this whole process.

Scars and Tattoos...could it get any better?  Won't be long and I'll have to beat the girls off with a stick!
We feel all the prayers for Tovin, from all the churches of all denominations, our family members, friends and even strangers have really been invaluable.  Jason and I are so grateful to everyone who prayed for him as well as for his team of doctors, sent cards, e-mailed, texted, brought food to the house, or called to ask how they could help.  We feel blessed to have such a wonderful network of friends and family.  From the very first time we sat down and started the paperwork in this process of growing our family through the adoption of Addison over seven years ago, and now Tovin, and many times since, we've had to answer the question of whether or not our family and friends were supportive of us in our decision to adopt.  We always...always, knew the answer to those questions, however, we are only starting to realize how true the answers were that we provided on those questionnaires!  Thank you so much for proving us right!


Every time I see Tovin's scar I am reminded of how awesome our God is!  Tovin definitely had a team of angels surrounding him during his surgery and they have been ever present through and into his recovery.

Tovin has three loves in life right now...his Batman scooter, this book and Addison's sunglasses!
Tovin is truly a miracle and a testimony to the love of our God.


We will forever by grateful for our two superstars!  We could not be more thankful to the One who placed Addison and Tovin in our family.

Since we have come home as a family of four we have had many friends and even some of Jason's health students ask about adoption and the process of getting started.  It's so refreshing to know that there are so many people that have adoption on their hearts!  If adoption is on your heart take the leap of faith, and check it out!  Trust us, you may be in for the best and biggest blessings of your life!

There are many wonderful adoption agencies out there.  We have used Lifeline Children Services out of AL, New Horizons out of Blue Earth, MN, and Bethany Christian out of Willmar, MN.  All three of these agencies are top notch!

At church this Sunday we were blessed with another great sermon by Pastor Gene.  He shared Garth Brooks' Standing Outside the Fire video with us and tied it to the Holy Spirit.  While watching the video I was thinking about adoption, and how if Jason and I stood outside the fire and didn't dance within the flames, we wouldn't have either Addison or Tovin in our lives.

Standing Outside the Fire by Garth Brooks

We call them cool
Those hearts that have no scars to show
The ones that never do let go
And risk it the tables being turned

We call them fools
Who have to dance within the flame
Who chance the sorrow and the shame 
That always come with getting burned

But you got to be tough when consumed by desire
'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

We call them strong
Those who can face this world alone
Who seem to get by on their own
Those who will never take the fall

We call them weak
Who are unable to resist
The slightest chance love might exist
And for that forsake it all

They're so hell bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

[Chorus:]
Standing outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Life is not tried it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire

There's this love that is burning
Deep in my soul
Constantly yearning to get out of control
Wanting to fly higher and higher
I can't abide standing outside the fire 

Chorus: 2 times

A view from our windows tonight...
Good Night Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Love their haircuts!!!! <3 and thank you for sharing the Garth Brooks song - I am interpreting it in a different way - as we are praying specifically about a change in our family ... seems God is saying Go FOR it over and over - though fear sets in - gotta rest in HIM and do what HE is asking!! Thank you for sharing! you are such and encouragement to me! So thankful we met in China!!! <3

    ReplyDelete