Tovin's fighting spirit is shining brightly today! We know without a doubt that we have never met another person as brave or courageous as he is! He's only been home since March 8th, and he has completely put his trust in us (silly boy!), and he went into surgery willingly!
We are so proud of you Tovin!
I have had a song by the Newsboys running through my head all day. I was first introduced to the Newsboys at the Sonshine Music Festival in Willmar and have enjoyed their songs ever since. The song is called Be Still. The lyrics are:
Be still and know He, know He is holy
Be still and know He is God
We have filled our lives with inventions
That have hurried us nowhere fast
Now we need to turn our attentions
To what will last
Chorus:
Be still and know he, know He is holy
Be still and know He is god
Love Him more dearly, see Him more clearly
Be still and know He is God
We've been running without a direction
We're afraid to get there late
What we need is strength just to kneel down and wait
Chorus:
Be still and know He, know he is holy
Be still and know He is God
Love Him more dearly, see Him more clearly
Be still and know He is God, He is God
We are all anxious for Tovin's heart to heal, to see his full personality come out, and for him to start talking more and walking. We all want to see him to be the three year old boy that he's destined to be, but I need to remember that it will happen when the time is right...Be Still! I just need to take a couple steps back and realize who is really in control and recognize that we are not!
| My Belly has done amazing things today! I'm sure everyone has heard it down the hall! |
I know that Tovin will become heart healthy, and he'll learn to walk and talk when he's ready. I know that Addison won't continue to suck her thumb forever, but right now she needs it! I need to be still and know that God is in charge!
Be Still...Good Night From Room 4109!
Tell us more about how the hole kept Tovin alive. I sure am curious. Praying his tubes come out Tuesday so you guys can go home soon.
ReplyDelete