May 1, 2013

Dance Recital Weekend!

We had a wonderful dance recital weekend!  It all started Friday afternoon with setting up the stage and placing the chairs on the gym floor.  Miss. Vicki and I pray that someday Tracy will have an auditorium for the girls to dance in instead of the high school gymnasium!

Addison found some of her favorite girls hanging around the gym and was entertained while we were busy at work.  Thanks ladies for being such great role models for Addison and Elizabeth...they both love all of you!


Addison found a gym class Frisbee behind the stage curtain that she thought for sure was a lost treasure.  She found so many uses for it, but her favorite use was to balance it on her head like on Barbie Princess Charm School.  She thought she was going to turn into Blair Willows, or to be more exact, Princess Sophia of Gardania, if she could walk with it on her head while holding a Nerf football!  It kept her busy!


Saturday morning was dress rehearsal.  It wasn't the best dress rehearsal we have every had, but we felt it went well considering all the snow days, and the missed in-studio rehearsal last Monday.  This spring has been crazy with weather cancellations.  However, by the time dress rehearsal was done, Miss. Vicki and I felt confident that the girls would put on a great recital!  In the past when we've experience a difficult dress rehearsal it has lead to a great recital!

Sunday morning we went to church and Sunday school.  Addison then went to her hair appointment!  As you all know I really am bad at doing my own hair, so I was not going to tackle Addison's "recital" hair...I'll leave it to the hair professionals!  Addison went to Mrs. Lori's house at 11:00 with straight hair and she left one hour later with a head full of beautiful curls!  

 






The bibbidi-bobbidi-boo moment...I love the look on her face!


Thank you so much Miss. Lori for helping me with Addison!  She loves coming to your house to get pampered!  You do such a great job!

Right after Addison's hair appointment we went to the high school to help with flowers and last minute music and stage issues.  Addison had her own special place to hang her costumes. (I was smart this year and brought Command Hooks!)  I asked her nicely to not touch them so they would stayed wrinkle free!  


I walked back into the dressing room and this is what I found.  Addison holding herself up while coloring.  Of course I asked her what she was doing, she stated really plainly, "Well Mom, you said that I shouldn't get my dress wrinkly, so I decided to color like this."  I didn't know what to say after that...since there was a table right in front of her.  I'll call it "hair spray" brain!


It finally was time to get dressed for Addison's first dance.  Addison loves this dress!  Thank you Miss. Janel for the great photos!



I was not able to get pictures of Addison dancing, but I did get this great photo of her after the dance was done while her class was leaving the stage!  Our little girl is brimming with pure delight!


It was then time to get changed into her tumbling costume and wait for her class to be called for their tumbling routine.  She had a fun time playing with her friends.  Apparently she forgot about not getting her dress wrinkled!
    

Below, Addison is on the far right.  This was such a fun routine to watch...the girls sort of followed what they were taught to do, but really they put their own creative spin on it!  I loved it!


This year's recital was one of my favorite of all times.  The dancers/tumblers at the studio this year are amazing young people!  Our graduating seniors will be missed very much!  We wish them the best!


Even though recital is done we still had to clean up, so we put the three kids (Addison and her cousins) to work!  They received the most unwanted job there is!  Pulling the marking numbers and letters off the floor!




Thanks you three for getting the job done in record time!


It looks like Addison is getting rid of some extra adrenaline or is showing off her beautiful "sparkles"!  As you can see "Sister" Brianna brings out the best in her!  


This was a really quick glimpse of our crazy weekend!  I think Tovin was excited to get back to the house on Sunday night!


Back to what he enjoys the most...sitting on the kitchen counter listening to "We Are The Dinosaurs" and "The Goldfish".  Just ask Jason about those songs!

It's 11:00 on Monday...still no word on Tovin.  I'm thinking no word is good!  Jason just left to bring us back a Subway...Thanks Lacey for the tasty idea of mayo and vinegar!  

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment