Not - R O L A I D S - like in the commercial, Tovin spells relief, POO!
Oh this kid has one sensitive digestive system! This afternoon he had to poo so bad his Buddha belly was back! All of his discomfort this afternoon was due to his belly hurting! We gave him Senna, Miralax, and the nurse gave him a suppository and an enema (probably way too much information!), it did the trick.
Before he found his relief we were all leaning over him praying for him to relieve himself even if it was just a little! His nurse, Nurse Tana, suggested we should go out to eat tonight, she said that Tovin will lose his one-to-one nurse tomorrow morning, so if we wanted to go out, tonight would be the night.
This is fabulous Nurse Tana! We will really miss her...she's off at 11:00 tonight!
Jason and I went to Punch Pizza on Lake Street. My brother suggested it for good pizza, he was right...we would go there again!
While we were gone for supper Tovin had success!
When we returned back to the room there was a comfortable little man with his best friend and protector Henry by his side. Thank you Brady Gervais for the great "Henry" look-alike! I know that Tovin will love it when he opens his eyes! He actually had three successes while we were gone! His tummy is still rumbling so I'm sure there will be more coming soon!
While out we went to Target to pick up some items we forgot at home. Tovin really likes his eyes and lips to be brushed over with a make-up brush, and I forgot his at home. This really helps him relax when he's uptight. I think that it would have helped him tonight with his uncomfortable belly!
Also, while we were there I picked up this bag of chips for Jason and his health classes - I hope he shares with you! They were discussing the new flavors of potato chips and were talking about the unique flavor combination of this type, chicken and waffles. Really, who would eat this!?!
As you can see Tovin doesn't have his nose cannula in anymore! This is a great relief for him! Really someone needs to invent a nose cannula that isn't so uncomfortable! Who's going to do that for Tovin? Any takers?
"Nurse Tana said that chicks dig scars! I have a pretty awesome one!"
We were able to serve him some ice cream tonight! This was a great treat for him! Hopefully tomorrow will will get some smiles out of him!
Everyday he performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. Job 5:9
Good Night from room 4109.

Hey guys- we've been praying that healing is speedy! Glad to hear you are pleased with Tovin's care, sounds like he has a great team of docs & nurses. Chips do not look to appealing- I can't believe companies waste money on developing these weird flavors. Take care
ReplyDelete