Everything about today was amazing! Tovin only had to have ibuprofen, no other pain relievers! He ate really well, he continues to relieve himself (bonus!), was able to get out of his home away from home for some trips around fourth floor, and his big sister came to see him! This is what he looks like when he sleeps! Isn't that great!
Every morning, bright and early Tovin has a chest x-ray taken at 5:00 to check out his lungs and air pockets. This morning he decided not to go back to sleep, but wanted to play instead! His x-rays are coming back better everyday! Tovin still hasn't been able to get his chest tubes out because he is still draining, but his air pockets are getting smaller! Hopefully tomorrow he will be able to get them out!
We had another outstanding nurse today, actually she was our nurse yesterday as well! We will really miss her...she doesn't work again until Thursday and hopefully, crossing our fingers, Tovin will be discharged on Wednesday! This might be a long shot, but we think Tovin can do it! Janet and Tovin worked really well together. Thank you so much Janet for the great laughs and sharing your story with us!
TREASURES...At the end of the hallway there is a treasure chest that the children can dig in to find treasures that only a kid would love! Well, Tovin likes to find treasures so we made many trips down to the there today. He found this pink kaleidoscope that he thought was the coolest thing! Right now anything that will keep him content to being in his bed or a stroller is good for us!
SURPRISE...Addison surprised Tovin today! Grandma and Grandpa were coming up to the Cities to work at Grandma Doris' house, so we were able to spend time with our sweetie! We were all so happy to see Addison...When Tovin saw her he had a beautiful smile on his face. I wish I would have captured it! They had a great time playing together! Addison was very gentle with Tovin, and asked a lot of questions about his incision. I'm so in awe of Addison's genuine concern for her little brother.
Addison decided that she loved all of Tovin's blankets that he has received at the hospital. Many families donate blankets for the new patients. She told Jason and she was "a little crabby, and that she better take a nap". As you can see he wasn't crabby she just wanted to cuddle up with some of the blankets on the hospital room floor. I can't imagine it was too comfortable or clean!
Before Jason and Addison left he was able to get a picture of the three of us. It sure was great to be with her for the afternoon, I really have missed my little girl! Addison was able to ride home with Jason tonight since he has to be back to teach tomorrow, so I'm finishing out Tovin's stay with him! I know that Addison will like having her dad all to herself for a couple of days! He is the best dad to her!
Of course we had to have ice cream from McDonalds before they headed home! In the past Tovin has enjoyed ice cream, but doesn't like to eat very much of it. Today he really enjoyed it! Addison, on the other hand, still doesn't like ice cream?
Tovin and I ended our day with a couple more laps around the floor, and another stop at the treasure chest! I'm not sure if Tovin has noticed, but I've wiped down some of the previous "treasures" and have given them back to the nurses to restock the chest! We have many more days of treasure hunting left...I'm sure he will leave with a few!
If he leaves with these pretty, pink star sunglasses, I'm positive Addison will swipe them from him!
Have you been wondering about the Lays Chicken and Waffle chips? Well, we all just ate only just ONE chip except for Tovin! Typically if there is a bag of Lays Original Potato Chips around with a tub of french onion dip the bag and the dip would be gone! This isn't a flavor that we will purchase again - sorry Lays!
Until Tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment