May 6, 2013

Best Worst Day Ever!

After the morning rounds Tovin's day slowly went down hill!  By noon he was in a lot of pain.  The nurses said that this can typically happen after someone has had a great day - I'm thinking we were too active yesterday when Addison was here.  He had to have two bumps of pain reliever, and that helped him sleep through his pain until 2:00 in the afternoon, which was good.


While he was asleep we were moved to a different room for the duration of our stay.  Tovin is no longer located in the main hall (the ICU area)...we are now in the back corner suite!  It's a beautiful room with an amazing view!  We have two huge windows and tons of sunshine coming in the room.  When Tovin woke up he looked around and his personality totally changed!


He started to smile, wanted to move around and was starting to indicate his wants to me!  Oh, such a great change for him!


We went on our daily walks with my I-phone blaring his favorite songs!  All of the nurses and doctors think that he is so funny, and can't believe the change in him from when he first came.  Some how he has captured all of their hearts in the very short time he has been here.  I'm guessing it's his charming personality!


We spent some time in the family room today and met another family that is crazy and amazing all rolled into one!  The mom is here with her 15 year old son that was adopted from China 2 years ago.  She shared that they have been blessed with 10 children, four of them biological, four adopted from China and two from Guatemala.  She home-schools all the children and there are 4 different languages that they speak.  The youngest Chinese children are learning Spanish from the two cuties from Guatemala, while the two cuties from Guatemala are learning English.  They are mashing all the languages together in that household, and I all can say is wow!  I would love to listen to their conversations at home!  I don't think that any of their children are fluent in English yet, but at the same time they are learning Chinese and Spanish.  My head would be swimming!


Since Tovin didn't eat very much today, actually he only had 1 grape for breakfast, I ordered him two orders of Chicken Noodle Soup.  He gobbled that down so fast that I ordered him two more orders of soup.  He finally has his appetite back!


Today was his worst morning, but his best late afternoon/night!  I love to see Tovin smile, laugh, and talk!  It's the most that I have seen since being here.

Oh...I don't think the chest tubes are coming out tomorrow.  He is still putting out an impressive amount of fluid from his chest.  There is always Wednesday right?

Tovin is still awake and says "niiiggghhh niiiggghh dah"

1 comment:

  1. Nigh nigh Tovin! Although it's no longer Monday night, so good morning bud. Hope you have a good day. Love you. Love you to Jen.

    ReplyDelete